![]() |
| My weekly spread for this week, and a hippo :) |
3. My favorite devotional that I read this week was written by Sheri Rose Shepherd. She said, "Every day, every moment, we have a choice. Will we choose to walk with God and follow his example and commands? Or will we choose to walk in the other direction?
"When temptation to sin presents itself, we have a choice. Walk with God, or head into sin. God doesn't force us to do the right thing, he gives us the choice. We have the free will to walk with him or to walk away. In every moment of this day, God graciously gives you the choice to walk with him."
4. In my free Facebook community, we have been doing a mini, "kickstart your happiness" challenge based on Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project." We are striving to improve our energy, as well as our overall happiness. We've been talking about sleeping more, exercising better, tackling nagging tasks, organizing our surroundings, and simply acting more energetic. It's been a fun challenge! I hope everyone taking part in it this week has liked my daily tasks and ideas to help them have more energy.
5. I am currently reading a novel that has started off a bit slow. I'm a little over 100 pages in, and I started it in March. I am declaring here and now that by the time I write my Five Thing Friday post next week, I will have it finished. I will review the book as one of my five things, and I will decide whether it was worth it to persevere and keep reading. In the future I might try to stop wasting my time on sub-par books. It can be difficult to find a really amazing book, though!
I read a book this week that was recommended on the "What to Read Next" podcast. The host said this was the best book she had read this year, if not in the past five years! I decided I needed to read it myself if she was giving it that kind of review. It wasn't bad. But that's about the best review I can give it. It was definitely different than anything I've read before, so I guess that's a good thing to broaden my reading horizons.
Anyway, I'm going to take this week to finish the novel I started in March, and to think about how I want to approach books like this in the future.
![]() |
| The book I'll finish this week. |
![]() |
| The highly recommended book that was distinctly odd. |






No comments:
Post a Comment