May was a crazy month! It began with my last week of teaching at Colorado Northwestern Community College, then transitioned into moving craziness. Once I got all of that sorted and all of my stuff safely piled into a storage unit awaiting my return to the US after my year of European adventures, I started a new summer routine.
Throughout all of that, I did my best to keep up with the happy habits that I decided to track throughout the month.
As you can see, I did pretty well. I slacked off the most between the 12th and the 18th. I don't normally care for excuses, but in all fairness, that was when the last of my stuff in my Rangely house was going into boxes and becoming inaccessible until I could get everything unpacked once I got to Mancos. I had 17 perfect days during the month, which I guess isn't that great since it's only 55%, but that's still 17 great days that I had!
I wasn't sure until today if I even wanted to do a tracker for June, but I finally decided that there are several things I do want to accomplish every day, and doing a tracker makes it easier to not have to write them all down on every day's to-do list. I set it up a little differently, so we'll see if I like it better.
As for whether these habits actually contributed to my overall happiness, I'm not sure. I had so many other things going on and so many transitions, that I'm not sure I could really tell if they made a difference. I can definitely say I'm much happier now than I was at the beginning of the month, but I think that's just because that daunting move is behind me and I don't have to go back to Rangely to teach for another year come August.
I can say that I do feel accomplished and like I'm making a little bit of progress every day that I can check all of those boxes, though. I'll take that as a win!

No comments:
Post a Comment