Saturday, June 3, 2017

Savory Saturday- Spinach & Artichoke Quinoa Casserole

I did not have much success with my new recipe this week. I tried a recipe for Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Casserole because I love anything with artichokes in it (or at least I thought I did). I thought this dish had potential because it was full of garlic, onion, spinach, artichokes, and lots of yummy cheese. It really fell flat, though. It wasn't disgusting. I ate my serving of it, and it was a pretty filling dinner. I don't know what happened to all the flavor, though! I couldn't taste anything except the quinoa...

I threw away all of the leftovers and I will be deleting this recipe, never to be made again.

Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Casserole

Ingredients:
1.5 cups of quinoa, uncooked
2.5 cups water
1 large onion, thinly sliced
6 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups milk
1 tbsp corn starch
2 cups artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
11 oz package spinach
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Directions:
1. In a medium pot, add quinoa, water, and a pinch of salt; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook for 12 minutes and set aside.
2. Preheat large skillet on medium heat and swirl olive oil to coat. Add onion and garlic, salute until translucent, stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray 9 x 13 inch back dish with cooking spray. In a small bow, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Add to skillet with previously cooked onion and garlic. Also add artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, quinoa (fluff with fork before adding), and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
4. Transfer mixture to a prepared baking dish, level and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment