I love going through the app store and seeing all of the new, popular apps guaranteeing me a better life if I download them. I download and try a lot of them, but then I get bored and delete them 90% of the time.
It takes a lot for me to keep an app, and keep using it often. I thought I would do a roundup of my favorite apps that I use regularly, and that I have stuck with for at least a year:
YouVersion
I love this app! I prefer to hold a physical Bible in my hands when I can, but sometimes it's just easier to be able to bring it up on my phone at a moment's notice. My favorite feature is that it allows me to keep switching the passage I'm reading to different translations. I don't know how many translations this app has available, but there are a lot (including ones I've never heard of)!
She Reads Truth
I love the devotionals from She Reads Truth. So inspiring and encouraging. The app helps keep me on track reading the new post every day, and gets me connected with an amazing community of women reading God's Word.
Audible
I have been obsessed with audiobooks since I was a little girl. I had to have one playing while I went to sleep when I was younger, and I still have one playing most nights even now. Audible makes it so much easier to get new audiobooks, to get them cheaper than anywhere else, and to get them immediately. I usually try to limit myself to 1 book per month, but the past two months I've gotten 4 books because I was so excited about these particular books that I couldn't wait!
Beachbody on Demand
My favorite way to have more than 500 workouts ready to stream or download to my device (for those times when I don't have good internet) at any time. I have done so many of these workouts, and I want to do more! They're addicting, and the best news is that Beachbody keeps coming out with new, amazing programs so I never get bored!
Charity Miles
This app is incredible. You just turn it on any time you're walking or running or moving around, and it tracks your miles. A lot of apps do this, but the best part about this one is that you get to choose a charity you want to support, and for every mile you log with the app you earn a quarter for your charity. As of right now, I have logged a little over 372 miles, earning about $93 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. How cool is it that all I had to do was turn this app on to get money for this wonderful charity organization when I was going to be walking or running anyways?
DuoLingo
I haven't used this app for a whole year yet, but I love it! It's free, and you can use it to learn a foreign language. I'm using it to learn German, and I enjoy it! The lessons are broken up into manageable, organized sections, and I'm hoping to not be completely lost when I'm around native German-speakers this fall.
Bejeweled Classic
I love this game! So simple, yet so engaging. I love to have this app on to keep my fingers busy while I'm listening to a podcast or tv show.
Sudoku
Another favorite game/puzzle. I love that I can actually do sudoku puzzles- they make me feel accomplished and smart! ;)








No comments:
Post a Comment