Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Fat Jeans

I wanted to share a profound message from my devotional today.

"Every woman has a 'bad hair day' or pulls on her 'fat jeans' once in a while. On those days, we just don't feel very good about ourselves, and it shows as we interact with others. Our focus is inward and it's hard to get things done.

The next time you have a crisis of self confidence, take another look in the mirror and see what God is looking at: his empowered creation. He doesn't notice extra flab or blemished skin or unmanageable hair; he sees the potential of your gorgeous, bold spirit. And if you go about your day with that image in mind, you can accomplish everything God sets before you. People react and respond with trust to those who exude unmistakable confidence.

Exchange your insecurity and lack of self-confidence with God-confidence. You have something valuable to offer the world. Your confidence will be electrifying."

-Devotional by Donna Partow, found in "Take My Heart, Oh God."



This really hit home for me. Especially since I pulled on my own pair of fat jeans when I got dressed this morning. That's not what I need to focus on, though.

It doesn't matter that the past few months have been a little rough, or that I've put on some weight trying to use food to make myself feel better. What matters is what God sees in me.

According to Zephaniah 3:17, God delights in me.

And according to Song of Songs 4:7, I'm beautiful, and there is no flaw in me.

I'm not trying to make excuses or justify the unhealthy coping methods I've been using lately. I am trying to love myself, though, and to develop that God-confidence.


1 comment:

  1. Good reminder for all of us!! I really love the devotional.

    ReplyDelete