That all changes today. As I mentioned briefly in an earlier post, I recently read "Bright Line Eating" by Susan Peirce Thompson.
I am going to follow Thompson's four "bright lines" to the best of my ability:
1. No sugar. I will not consume any food that lists sugar, or any of its aliases, in the top 3 ingredients on the label.
2. No flour. I will not consume any food that lists flour, or any of its aliases, in the top 3 ingredients on the label. Important note: no flour does not mean no carbs. I am not interested in cutting carbs out of my diet. I think carbs are, or should be, part of every healthy diet. Foods that do contain a high amount of carbs that do not contain flour include rice, quinoa, potatoes, and fruit. All of these foods will be included in my meal plans.
3. Eat only at meal times. This means no more snacking.
4. Eat correct serving sizes. This means I will be using my food scale to control my portion sizes.
I have become addicted to flour and sugar, and by eating them in excess for so long, I have damaged my brain's dopamine receptors. Cutting these substances out of my diet will allow my brain to heal, and will hopefully stop me from constantly craving them.
I'm going to track my progress every day as I strive to treat my body right. I love the quote by Kevin Trudeau, "Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel." I intend to find out how good my body is supposed to feel, and I can't wait!


No comments:
Post a Comment