Sunday, May 7, 2017

"Greening" Up My Diet

In an effort to create healthier eating habits, I have decided to embark upon a mini-challenge this week. I'm going to add at least one serving of vegetables to every, single one of my meals. As mentioned in my previous post, I currently live in the middle of nowhere, Colorado, and do not have access to many fresh vegetables. I have a well-stocked freezer, though, courtesy of the Schwan's man.

Vegetables are full of fiber and many other amazing nutrients that are sorely lacking in my current diet.

As odd as it may sound, my favorite way to squeeze a whole bunch of veggies into my day is to drink them! You can add handfuls of spinach, for example, into a smoothie and barely taste it at all! I plan to rely on this trick heavily throughout the week.

The internet is full of creative, delicious-looking salad recipes, as well. That one may be a bit harder to do without fresh vegetables on hand, but I'm definitely going to bookmark some for when I'll have access to a real grocery store in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, my challenge begins tomorrow morning! If you'd care to follow along, or possible even join me, you can find me or find my free community, Living Well, on Facebook, where I'll be hosting this challenge. Wish me luck!

One salad I am particularly proud of assembling myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment