The whole moving process took over this week, so I didn't have time to cook anything new to share today. I will next week for sure, though.
In the meantime, I still wanted to do a "Savory Saturday" post. I thought I would share a real breakthrough I had with salmon a couple of months ago.
I loved salmon as a kid. I remember my dad taught me how to spell odd words like "salmon" and "coffee" for fun sometimes, and I was so proud and excited when I won the second grade spelling bee with this word!
Anyway, I told my grandparents I loved it so many times, that they eventually forgot that I liked to eat anything else, so salmon is the only thing they would serve every time I came over to their house for dinner. This was awesome at first, but then I really started getting tired of eating the same thing, cooked the same way, so often!
As a result, I would eat some of the salmon they heaped on my plate only out of politeness, but other than that, I never ate salmon anywhere else.
That is, until I received one of those meal subscription boxes earlier this year that had a salmon recipe inside. I wasn't super thrilled about preparing salmon, but it was one of their low-calorie options, and I thought I'd cook it exactly as they specified, and give it a try.
This was the most amazing salmon I had ever eaten! I didn't take any pictures of that first batch, but I did re-create it with my own ingredients a few weeks later:
The secret to this amazing salmon is to sear one side of it for a couple of minutes in a frying pan, then to put the salmon in a baking dish, seared side up, and brush a mixture of honey, soy sauce, and ginger over the top, and to bake it in the oven for several more minutes.
So good! But I'll be sure to wait a few months before I make it again so I don't get burnt out on salmon again! :)
Unfortunately, the recipe I used accidentally got put in storage during my move, so I can't post it here now, but I will post it in the comments once I find it in my storage unit. You can make your own mixture to taste, though, and do some experimenting of your own if you're want to cook some salmon sometime soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment