Saturday, May 27, 2017

Savory Saturday - Pork Lettuce Wraps

Here's the new recipe I tried this week! And, spoiler alert, I loved it! It's definitely going into my regular, healthy meal rotation. The recipe for these wraps is posted below, with the modifications I made to leave out the sugary sauce and amp up the flavor.

Healthy Pork Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pound lean ground pork
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground ginger
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce 
16 leaves of romaine lettuce 
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
lime juice

Preparation:

1. In a large frying pan, heat oil over high heat and add pork. Cook, stirring until starting to brown. Drain excess fat.
2. Stir in green onions, allspice, ginger, and soy sauce. Cook until green onions are tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Place 8 leaves on each plate and fill with pork mixture. Top each with cilantro and lime juice as desired. 

Serves 2

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes


These wraps were a little difficult to eat as wraps, so the only other change I made was actually eating them more like a salad with a fork. The pork was the only major source of calories in this recipe, so you get a lot of bang for your calorie-buck! It was filling, flavorful, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment