Thursday, May 18, 2017

Summer Plans

Now that I'm all moved out of my house in Rangely, it feels like it's finally and officially summer vacation! That is one thing I'm going to miss about teaching: getting the whole summer off and not having to feel like a slacker in the process!

Ironically, on this first day of my summer vacation and my new normal routines, it snowed almost all day long!


Regardless of the weather, I love that feeling when you have the whole summer wide open and stretching out before you, and endless possibilities with which to fill it. I used to make lists of all of the fun things I was going to do each summer as a child. In a way, I still do that!

I love designing and creating routines to make my days as efficient and productive as possible. I love getting to the end of each day feeling like I accomplished what I set out to accomplish that morning.

The best time to develop new habits and routines is usually at the same time as a big transition in your life because there's usually so much changing already.

I just moved back into my mom's house for the summer, and I'm creating some new routines that I want to maintain until my next move in September.

So I'm going to try to get the best of both worlds squished into my summer: endless possibilities of fun in the sun and relaxing, along with being productive and getting some work done.

Hiking behind my house last summer.
I have a couple of part-time jobs to help me save money for my upcoming European adventures, and a lot of other things I want to make time for this summer.

I'll be working my two jobs most mornings, so probably six days a week. Both jobs are thankfully very flexible. I'll make plenty of time for my family and pets, swimming in the pond, reading in the hammock, as well as some chores around the house, most afternoons. And I'll keep my evenings open for whatever comes up at the last minute.


I'm hoping to make some new friends and possibly reconnect with some old friends this summer, and to try out a new church or two in the area.


I'm also excited for some designated Tuesday afternoon time with my mom. We've both agreed to block out every Tuesday afternoon that I'm home in our calendars so we can have some fun together. I'll be sharing more on this after our first Tuesday this next week!

I've got a few fun trips planned this summer, too! I'll be going to Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and New Orleans for sure. My tickets are all booked for those trips. I've also got a couple of "maybe" trips that might happen in July and August, but we'll have to see if those make sense as they get a little closer.

So many good things to look forward to this summer!


1 comment:

  1. It was crazy how much it snowed today! I like the hammock part, and don't forget fires in the fire pit, since with all this wet weather we shouldn't have much fire danger to worry about this summer.

    ReplyDelete