I promise I will be traveling a lot later this summer (and even more once I move overseas), but in the meantime, I'm still in Mancos. I am a fan of hometown, so I still have plenty to say about it.
I am always amazed when I meet people who have never heard of, let alone tried, a Navajo taco or even just plain fry bread.
Fry bread is a delightful, flat, dough bread that is deep-fried in oil, shortening, or lard. It's light and puffy, and can be eaten with taco toppings (therefore becoming a Navajo taco), or eaten as a dessert with honey, jam, or powdered sugar. It's a little bit like a sopapilla that you can get from Mexican restaurants to give you some context.
Anyway, if you're ever driving through Mancos, I highly recommend Ted's Tacos. It's right on Highway 160 next to the only gas station in town, so you can't miss it. They have a large menu full of many delicious choices (the breakfast burritos here are also a personal favorite), but if you have never experienced fry bread before, this is the perfect place to do so! Ted is almost always cooking, and you won't be disappointed.

I agree--Ted's is so good!!
ReplyDelete